Special Assistance Facilities (SAF)
The following may be noted by examinees with disabilities, or those having needs arising out of their gender or faith or religion, who seek Special Assistance Facilities during their certification exams.
- SAF are not available at this time for examinees taking real-time proctored exam in the private mode in their chosen locations.
- The SAF is only available for examinees who are sponsored by their employer-organizations; or by their governments or their universities, and who are taking their tests in DASCA-approved test centers.
- The responsibility of executing and providing SAF is upon the examinee-sponsors, and DASCA has no role to play in either the logistics or the management of these facilities in any test center.
- All DASCA-approved test centers have to follow the DASCA norms on SAF, however, and DASCA has mechanisms to audit the facilities of these test centers periodically.
- Examinees seeking special assistance at test centers must contact DASCA to instruct the respective sponsors of the examinees for making the required special arrangements and provide the special assistance as requested by examinees.
- Examinee may be requested to submit some prescribed documents for validation of the special testing assistance request. The examinee must follow the instructions mentioned in the email, which will be sent after approval of the request.
- Following the approval, the following special arrangements can be made available as requested by examinees, without any additional costs, at the test center:
- a. Grace Time (Allotted Exam time + 50% extra)
- b. Reader
DASCA regularly monitors the performance of all exams to ensure the validity of exam results and use advanced statistical analytical algorithms to calculate the examinee’s test score. The examinee must score 65% or higher in order to pass the exam. The result can be viewed on the examinee’s myDASCA account on the official DASCA website within 72 hours of appearing in the exam.
Exam Scheduling Policy
If you have registered for ABDE™, SBDE™ or ABDA™, SBDA™ or a SDS™, PDS™ certification program, you can schedule your exam anytime 90 days after the date of fee payment. Please check your mailbox for a DASCA support email informing you about the opening of exam scheduling window for your chosen DASCA certification. The books included in the ABDE™, SBDE™ or ABDA™, SBDA™ or a SDS™, PDS™ Certification Preparation Kit should help you brace up nicely for your ABDE™, SBDE™ or ABDA™, SBDA™ or a SDS™, PDS™ Certification exam. Please read more about ABDE™, SBDE™ or ABDA™, SBDA™ or a SDS™, PDS™ exams in the dedicated section on the subject.
If you wish to reschedule your exam, you must login to your myDASCA account 72 hours prior to your scheduled examination. Rescheduling less than 72 hours prior to your appointment will result in the forfeiture of your exam fee, without recourse.
If you wish to cancel your exam, you should login into your myDASCA account 72 hours prior to your scheduled examination. Cancelling an exam or missing your exam will result in the forfeiture of your exam fee, without recourse.