It's a pleasure welcoming you here on
www.dasca.org, the official website of the Data Science Council of America
(DASCA). Just as we are committed to providing you information which is correct,
updated and accurate, and which helps you understand our organization, services
and business principles clearly, we are equally conscious of our responsibility
to ensure full security and confidentiality of all information that we may collect
from you during the course of your interface with our website.
DASCA uses your personal information in compliance with the General Data Protection
outlines how DASCA handles information that can be used to directly or indirectly
Data that is provided to us or which is derived from the data that is collected
from the user with their consent.
in the following manner:
- Through our social media pages.
- Through our digital advertisements.
The collection and use of information through cookies or other web tracking technologies
has been listed in section 1.2.
1. TYPE OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
1.1 Information You Provide
- Personal Information such as your name, email address, date of
birth, gender, address, phone number, etc. that you exclusively provide.
- Identity Verification Information such as images of your government
issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable
laws or other authentication information that you provide if and when sought for.
- Financial Information like your bank account or credit card information
in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
- Communications with DASCA via email or any other media including
(but not restricted to) social media might result in collection of information about
your communication and any information you choose to provide.
1.2 Automatically collected Information
- Usage and geo-location information: When using DASCA, its platforms
and payment services, we may automatically collect information like Geo-location,
IP address, usage information like pages or the content you view, your searches
- Log Data and Device Information: We may automatically collect log
data and device information when you access DASCA on any of its platforms such as
access dates and times, hardware and software information or device information.
and/or other similar technologies (like web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers)
that allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Services,
pages visited, language preferences, and other traffic data. We (and our third party
service providers) may use the information for security purposes, to facilitate
navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience.
We might also gather statistical information about your use of our Services in order
to continually improve their design and functionality, understand how they are used
and assist us with resolving questions regarding them. If you wish, you may set
a “Do not track” preference in your browser or disable cookies in your browser.
1.3 Information from Third Parties
- Third Party Services: To the extent permitted by applicable law,
we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud
detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine
it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check
results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers
like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment
efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the
DASCA platforms through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions
from our partner ad networks.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 DASCA uses Personal Information only for legitimate business purposes including:
- Providing the functionality of our Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via
one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions,
suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request other information.
- To complete your transactions, and provide you with related services or communications.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our offerings, terms,
conditions and policies.
- To allow you to send messages to another person if you choose to do so.
- To send you promotional emails, with information about our services, offerings,
new initiatives and other news about our organization and its subsidiaries.
- To facilitate social sharing functionalities that you choose to use.
- To analyze Personal Information for business reporting and providing of a personalized
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare various aggregated
reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and
provide you with information and/or offers customized to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services
that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will engage in these activities with your consent or where we have a legitimate
business interest only. You may, at any time, withdraw your consent by unsubscribing
In case you choose to unsubscribe, DASCA will not process your Personal Data unless
legally required to do so by relevant authorities.
2.2 Right to manage your Personal Information
If you wish to review, correct, update, restrict or remove your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another entity, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
3. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW, RESPONDING TO LEGAL REQUESTS, PREVENTING HARM AND PROTECTION
OF OUR RIGHTS
DASCA may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts,
law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and
to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure
is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply
with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against DASCA, (iii) to respond
to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected
illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of
our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service,
the Payment Terms or other agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights,
property or personal safety of DASCA, its employees, its Members, or members of
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the
protection of your or another person's vital interests or for the purposes of our
or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping DASCA and its platforms secure,
preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, or preventing damage.
We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under
the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected
information about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.